This month’s RPG Blog Carnival is concerned with Growing the Hobby. I had originally pegged the topic to be Disconnected Gamers but decided that it was too narrow of a topic and really part of a bigger discussion.
While, I don’t think the hobby is disappearing, by any means, I don’t see it expanding by leaps & bounds either. I’d personally like to see it grow, and I would like to hear what the RPG Blogosphere has to say.
Growing the Hobby is a pretty broad topic and it can be approached from the community/gamer or industry/publishing perspectives. I have a few questions that might help spark discussion:
- How would you like to see the hobby grow?
- How can the community or publishers help grow the hobby?
- What are you doing to advance the hobby?
- What is hindering the growth of the hobby?
- Is technology a key component of growing the hobby?
- Is the hobby fine the way it is?
- What are some pitfalls in trying to grow the hobby?
I’m looking forward to reading everyone’s contributions.
The wrap-up can be read here.
Listening to: Kingdom of Sorrow – Behind the Blackest Tears – Enlightened to Extinction
 Why You Can’t Have Nice Things – Mob United
 Killing Demand – Neogrognard
 Companies Staying Away from RPG Gamers – EN World
 Companies Staying Away from RPG Gamers – The RPG Site